cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera window not working on android lollipop with nexus 5 phone

pud
Apprentice

Hi

I've just got canon SX60 camera and cannot connect the camerawindow app to the camera.

44 REPLIES 44

Leku01
Apprentice

Canon cw worked ok on my nexus 4 and nexus 7 with android 4.4 kitkat. But after update to android 5.0 lollipop it's impoosible to pair the devices with my powershot sx60 hs.

Prd51prd
Contributor
Me too. Elph340hs. Worked fine with nexus 5 and nexus 4 with kitkat. Installed lollipop on nexus 5 and will not connect. Fine with nexus 4 with kitkat and fine on iPad 2. Is there an update of camera window?

trogau
Apprentice
Same problem here. Nexus 4, Canon Powershot S120. Was working fine, then after the Lollipop update it will no longer connect, either directly on via any wireless AP.

Hi trogau!

Thanks to everyone for posting on this thread.

The current version of Canon CameraWindow is only compatible with up to version 4.4 (KitKat) of the Android OS.  It is not compatible with Lollipop yet.  Please continue to visit the Play Store to check for any updates as they become available.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the response Mike. Is there any chance of an ETA?

Provided that posted this message, Christmas and New Year are gone. Also the month of January, and we do not have an estimate.

This is a very important utilitie when travelling.

Maybe in the spring ?? Next winter ??

When ??

Yes, I was prepared to give a grace period over Xmas/New Years, but it's been a month now and not only is there no software update, there's no information about this problem at all.

This is exactly the kind of thing that will simply destroy my confidence in any Canon products that use features that have significant external dependencies - if you can't keep your software apps up-to-date and usable then they're simply features that I will completely ignore in future products.

If this isn't fixed soon I'll simply be returning the camera for something else. I will be very disappointed as it's a great device but I'm not going to put up with being sold something with a specific feature set only to have several key features wiped out.

Android OS updates, like any OS updates, are simply are part of the software development lifecycle that needs to be dealt with. If you're not prepared to put effort into it in a timely fashion then please simply leave those features out of the device next time.

Hello Mike,

Please could we have an update as to what action is being taken by Canon to get this problem fixed. 

More and more smartphones and tablets are now using Lollipop and finding out that Camera Window is not compatible with the latest version of Android.  We have found out the hard way that there is no point in buying a Canon wi-fi capable camera that cannot be connected to our portable devices. 

What action is being taken by Canon and at what date can users expect the Android app to be updated?

Regards,

Paddywak

Agreed, when can we see an ETA? It's been, what, almost 6 months since the Android 5.0 SDK was released? A huge company like Canon should have had an update out 5 months ago. 

I bought my Canon camera specifically for this functionality and it's now completely broken, rendering my camera pointless in the face of all the other cameras available with the same features

Quite frankly, I'm shocked.

Announcements