cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pimxa iP8750 printing banding / lines on print

pmb2000
Apprentice

Good Morning,

I have just set up a new, out of the box, Canon Pixma iP8750 wirelessly.

I only had the sample 3 sheets of photo paper which came with it so I couldn't do a full test but the first couple of images have noticable lines across them.

I printed one image from my iPhone which looked fine but the two from my Mac had lines across them. Could this be a settings or does anyone have some advice on what to do to resolve this.

Thanks,

See example below..

IMG_1808.JPG

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

For testing purpases you can just use regular copier paper.

You are on a Mac. Did you install the Canon IJ series driver or are you using the Apple Bonjour driver? Go to System Preferences->Printers and Scanners and see which one is showing.

If its Bonjour, click "+" and wait for the IJ driver to show up and select that one.

Do a nozzle check.

Do an automatic head alignment.

Its strange that not all prints show it.

If none of that works give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi jrhoffman75,

Thanks for your reply.

I have performed a nozzle check / alignment as per your suggestion.

I am also using the IJ driver but the banding still showed.

I tested with my windows laptop and it looked fine.

Given the prints are fine from phone and Windows I presume its a config issue / paper type selection issue on the Mac so I'll play about with the settings.

Thanks for your help / suggestions !

I have a similar problem on my MX925 although its a bit older than yours, these lines have appeared just shortly for no reason. I have done all the nozzel and alignment checks to no avail. If you sort it out with chaning some settings either on the printer or mac could you let me know what you did to sort it

Thanks

Peter

I've not been in a position to test it further on my Mac. (vacation)

I have some more images I am printing this week so I'll test those from my Mac and play about with the settings and post back here if I resolve it.

Thanks,

Hello, I have to same problem. I'm trying to print out a black logo on acetate for screen printing and it has lines through it - which is totally unuseable. from a Mac to a ip8750...Did you find a solution?

How do i get in touch with Canon - my printer ip8750 just prints lines on everything.

1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No email address or phone number?

I'm from the UK - sorry I dont understand

Announcements