cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanning instructions for MF247dw laser printer

vishnu1
Apprentice

I cannot scan documents to the printer or to the emails in my address book.  I keep getting error message on transmission. documents feed correctly.  Also, I expect to see each page in my computer but I don't.  Is there a driver I need to scan documents into my computer?

Thanks.

vishnu1

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi vishnu1.

If you are attempting to scan documents to the computer, you will need to install the scanner driver, and also use the MF Scan Utility. 

If you are using a Windows computer, then the drivers are installed along with the printer and fax drivers by clicking the link below:

MF240SeriesMFDriverV2175W64usEN.exe

You can download and install the MF Scan utility by clicking this link:

winmfscanutilityv1900.exe

If you are using a macOS computer, then the scanner driver and software will be installed using the same file. Please click the link below to install the files:

mac-scan-v2140-00.dmg

Scanning to email addresses does not require a driver, but the printer will need to be connected to the wireless network. To perform the scan to email setup, please follow the instructions at the link below:

Configuring Basic E-mail Settings

NOTE: You will need to refer to the settings for your email service provider to perform this setup.

If you still continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements