cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 922 prints double/shadow character

davidt132
Apprentice

I have tried the alignment on my MX922 printer but it is still printing double/shadow characters. It is very blurry and unreadable.I have completed a print head alignment and print nozzle cleaning. I also cleaned the print rollers.

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi davidt132,

Since the alignments did not work, you can try cleaning the encoder strip of the printer to try and resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.

Should you continue to experience difficulty, the printer may require servicing; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This ansswer looks like what I need to solve the problem with my printer. However, the link to the web page for locating and cleaning the encoder trip is broken. Could this be fixed pleade?

Hi, jlabov!

Thanks for catching this.  Since Ramona posted her reply, we've overhauled our website and some older links no longer work.  We found the same article on our site, and you'll find it RIGHT HERE.  We've also edited Ramona's reply so that the link is up to date.

We hope this helps!

I have a similar problem, already cleaned the encoder and tried the print head alignment.

The very first time I tried the alignment I was asked to pick the best one and it never happeneded again. I've done at least 20 alignemtns, auto and manual, and watched some youtube videos, but I get NO prompts to scan something or pick the best print.

I downloaded the latest driver from 2013 (win7 Pro 64), I've tried to do it directly from the printer menu instead of the computer, but NOTHING works.

Appreciate any pointers, this seems to be driver problem?

Announcements