cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF624CW

angmckain
Contributor

My canon mf624cw won't scan. When I try scanning to computer it asks me to confirm destination over and over again, and then says an error has occurred. When I try scanning to USB it doesn't recognize that a flash drive has been inserted. It used to work just fine, now all of a sudden, nothing.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Scanning to a USB stick shouldn't require anything more than the document and USB stick.

Try power cycling the printer.  Then attempt to scan and save to the stick.  Make sure the USB stick doesn't contain multiple partitions and that it is formatted with a file system which can be read by the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi. Thanks for your reply!

I have tried power cycling it as you suggested and am still running into the same problem. I've made sure all of my drivers were updated, firmware is updated, nothing I do seems to fix the problem.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi angmckain.

I answered an earlier forum post where I recommended that you initialize the Copy settings. Since you are also experiencing issues with using the flash drive and scanning, please initialize all of the settings. If the printer is connected via the network, then you will need to perform the network setup again.

If you still continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrice -

Thanks so much for your reply.

I did as you instructed and it's still not working. When I try to scan to USB it still doesn't recognize that there's a USB inserted, when I try to scan to computer it asks to have the destination confirmed and then says there's been an error. When I try to copy, from the plate or the top feeder, it acts like it has scanned the document, but then the processing/data light flashes and nothing ever actually copies. I tried copying something after initializing the settings that you mentioned and now, 16 hours later, the processing/data light is still just flashing away. 

Any other ideas for me?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements