cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf743cdw: Should I install driver UFR II/UFRII LT V4 Printer Driver V7.1.2 ??

david07666
Enthusiast

I've been having an intermittent problem where my newish mf743cdw, purchased in November, gets stuck on the Autoclean Fixing Assembly and hangs and checked the latest drivers at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/color-imagecl...

I can't even figure out how to tell what the installed firmware version is - does anyone know?

And the printer driver site doesn't go into any detail about what's in the v 7.12 update, which is from May 6, 2021, and is therefore presumably newer than whatever I have on my machinge that I purchased in November of 2020.

Any comments on whether I should install it?  I generally don't like upgrading firmware unless I have a reason to think it will fix a problem.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I suggest you start here:

Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF642Cdw / MF641Cw - User'...

Check FW Version here:

Updating the Firmware - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF...

Manual / Auto Fixing Assembly Cleaning / Settings here:

Cleaning the Fixing Assembly - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644C...

I don't neccessarily feel a FW update will solve or is the solution for your issue, but here are those tools for Windows & MAC.

Support | Color Laser | Color imageCLASS MF743Cdw | Canon USA

A newer printer driver (7.1.2) won't hurt, but Its not going to change the fixing error message.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, shadowsports

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello David07666,

This issue would usually point to a problem with the hardware or one of the toners in the printer. In this situation I would suggest trying to reseat the toner cartridges using the steps in the link provided HERE.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Did this begin after replacing the toner? If so, which toner did you replace and what is the model of the replacement toner?
  2. Did this begin after a paper jam? If so, where did you have to remove the paper from?

For a more immediate resolution to the issue, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Thanks, Hector.  I'll try it the next time I run into this problem.  

Announcements