08-06-2016 11:29 AM
I have an Imageclass mf4880dw. It is connected wirelessly to my pc (windows 10) and prints fine. However, when I try to scan, it tells me to connect to the computer. I don't know how to connect it. This is a new issue as the scanner has worked fine in the past. I reloaded the printer software and updated the drivers, but that did not help.
08-09-2016 12:22 AM
I will be able to assist you.
Before installing the updated drivers, the previous drivers and software must be uninstalled. Please follow the instructions below to uninstall the drivers and software:
1. Unplug the USB cable from the printer.
2. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose View Devices and Printers.
3. In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF4800 Series and select 'Remove' to delete the printer. Delete all of the icons for the MF4880dw.
4. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose 'Programs' -> 'Programs and Features'.
5. Double click on Canon driver to uninstall. Follow the on screen prompts. Repeat for the MF Toolbox.
6. Restart your computer.
Once the computer restarts, reinstall the drivers and software. Please note that on July 7, 2016, Canon released a patch to resolve the scanning issue with the Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 operating systems. It is recommended that you download and install this patch as well. For more information about the patch, please click the link below:
If you still experience an issue, after reinstalling the drivers and software, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).