Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

mf4880dw printer, the error indicator is blinking.

The Error indicator is blinking. It is annoying, and I couldnot find out what is wrong. How to find out what is the error, and how to fix it?

Product Expert

Re: mf4880dw printer, the error indicator is blinking.

Hi taoyu_canon.

I will be glad to assist you.

The error message should display on the screen of the imageCLASS MF4880dw.  It will show messages, such as  "Prepare Toner Cartridge",  "Processing Data", or " No Paper".  So that I can better assist you, please verify the error message that is displayed on the screen.  If the screen is blank, please press the Energy Saver button to turn on the machine.

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

My message says "Prepare Toner Cartridge". What do I do? 

Highlighted
Product Expert

[ Edited ]

Hi bredmond.

The "Prepare toner cartridge" message indicates that the toner is starting to run low and it is recommended that you have another cartridge on hand, to avoid loss of production, when the current cartridge is completely empty.

You should still be able to continue to use the printer while this message is displayed. The only way to disable the message is to replace the cartridge.

If you have any other questions, or require further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.