cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf236n printing problem

eclas123
Apprentice

Hopefully there is an option for remote printing. I have tried installing the canon print service and the canon business printing app on my galaxy a51 phone and neither app can find the printer. I tried 'sharing' but there is no print icon showing up.

Any ideas or am i screwed because it doesn't support my imageclass mf236n

Thanks in advance

Update: apparently I have a communications error and It just started out of the blue for no reason.

Google cloud print err

check that the device is properly connected to the network. also check firewall and proxy settings.

The printer is in green status on my router and proxy settings are not in play

I might try to uninstall and reinstall if I can't figure anything else out

update 2: 🙂  Well there was a firmware update so i installed that and the printer actually works as it should but i still have the error showing and the red light flashing. Weird but since it's working then Jimmy Crack Corn I don't care.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Eclas123,

To get rid of the error, you can log into the printers remote user interface and you can unregister the printer from the Google cloud print service.Disabling the service will not clear the message but it will when you unregister the printer so it no longer has your Google account information. You can get to the registration settings using the steps in the link provided HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pavesk8
Apprentice

I'm having the exact same problem but on an MF264.   Google Cloud Print has been discontinued so i've gone into the printer settings to disable it,  but still getting the annoying error on the display and the annoying orange error light constantly flashing.  ANNOYING!

Maybe they'll fix that with another firmware update if they get enough complaints.

Hello Eclas123,

To get rid of the error, you can log into the printers remote user interface and you can unregister the printer from the Google cloud print service.Disabling the service will not clear the message but it will when you unregister the printer so it no longer has your Google account information. You can get to the registration settings using the steps in the link provided HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks that worked!   I had no idea there was a web UI for my printer..   I swear there was no mention of it in the included docs.

Announcements