cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagerunner 1025iF not able to connect via USB

GeorgeM71
Apprentice

I'm trying to load printer driver for the ImageRunner 1025iF on a Dell C840 laptop running Windows 2000. I've tried the normal install with the CD supplied with the printer. No matter what I try, the installer comes back with "no usb connection found". When I plug in the usb cable on the computer, the system recognizes the printer and starts the Add Printer Wizard. I know it's something simple. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I first tried this with a Windows 10 laptop and received the same results.

2 REPLIES 2

GeorgeM71
Apprentice

Sorry, this is a post for the ImageRunner 1025iF. I didn't know how to start a new thread for this problem so I used an existing thread. Sorry for that. My printer doesn't have a battery to power the USB port. At least not thay I've heard of. The instructions seem very simple to connect the printer via the USB port on the computer. I've tried with a Windows 10 laptop and then with a Windows 2000 laptop.  Each time when the software is looking for the USB port, it can't seem to find it.  On both machines the add wizard starts up when I connect the USB cable to the computer.

Either there is a sequence to performing this install that is not apparent to me or there is some other steps I need to perform to complete this connection. I would appreciate any help that can be given on this problem. Thanks in advance.

Danny

Hi, GeorgeM71!

Thanks for posting!  We've moved your post to the appropriate location and made it into its own thread. While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Announcements