cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF810Cdn Won't Send Faxes

Dfwinjurylawyer
Apprentice

My printer will receive faxes and all other functions work perfectly.  When I try to fax a document, I get an NG error.  Any number called gets a dial tone, handshake sound, then a fast busy signal. I've unplugged the machine for 20 minutes.  All phone and data lines work perfectly. The fax phone line is an old-fashioned landline. There are no more troubleshooting options I can find online.  Please help. Do I have to throw away this machine now?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dfwinjurylawyer
Apprentice

Thanks Hector. The problem is solved.  In spite of insisting that their line was not the issue, it turned out that the SIP line wasn't playing nicely with rest of our system which was confusing the machine.  They were able to adjust the line...so, this actually turned out not to be Canon issue, even though the phone folks insisted that it was not their issue. Sometimes, you have to tell folks like this, sorry, but, I don't care that you say it is not your problem, it is, send a tech out.  The tech will be able to find/resolve it. Sigh. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dfwinjurylawyer
Apprentice

I would like to add to my post, when I call the Cannon help line, after identifying this machine, the line goes to a busy signal and hangs up on me.  When I call back, the system is smart enough to recognize that I've called before, and asks if it can help me with that problem again, I say yes, then the line produces a busy signal and hangs up on me. Very strange. 

Hi!  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  We've alerted our telecommunications support team to look into the matter.  In the meantime, if you need a resolution faster, try registering your printer HERE so you can take advantage of all of the support resources available to you.

Dfwinjurylawyer
Apprentice

Thanks Danny...I have registered the machine now.  Since the system hangs up on me, is there a way to request a phone call?  

Hello,

If you are able to receive faxes, but you can't send them, it will usually point to a line connection issue or a setting problem. You can try resetting the fax settings using the steps in the link HERE. Once the settings have been reset, you can try sending another fax to see if it works. If you continue to have issues, I would suggest calling in for support. This way, one of our agents would be able to review the phone line connection and try some test faxes. 

We would be happy to assist with the issue via chat. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. You can also try logging into your MyCanon account using the link HERE to check your support options and contact phone support.

1. When you call 1-800-652-2666 for support, are you able to enter your product name?
  2. Do you hear any messages/prompts before you are disconnected? If so, what does it say?

Dfwinjurylawyer
Apprentice

Thanks Hector. The problem is solved.  In spite of insisting that their line was not the issue, it turned out that the SIP line wasn't playing nicely with rest of our system which was confusing the machine.  They were able to adjust the line...so, this actually turned out not to be Canon issue, even though the phone folks insisted that it was not their issue. Sometimes, you have to tell folks like this, sorry, but, I don't care that you say it is not your problem, it is, send a tech out.  The tech will be able to find/resolve it. Sigh. 

Announcements