cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF741Cdw Will Not Print From Google Docs

SHANASPLACE1
Contributor

I have printed the test page, the product registration receipt, and a .pdf from an attachment on an email.  The google doc I am trying to print will not show up in the print que on my laptop, and when it shows up on the printer display it shows zero sheets x copies.  In my devices and printers it shows the printer is "idle". The printer display is stuck in a loop on the "do you want to use the wireless LAN settings?" page.  the only button I can touch is the cancel button, not the home screen or sleep button. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your help, You've been awesome!  Be Blessed!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What application are you printing from?  Browser, Google Drive desktop client, email client, etc?

If you save the file locally before printing what happens?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I just came into the office this morning and the .pdf I saved had printed overnight. So, apparently, it is a different issue.  The printer used to show its' print que when I would touch the bottom right circle triangle button, but now it does nothing.  It is still stuck in the loop of LAN connection and toner replenishment services.  

SHANASPLACE1
Contributor

I just saved it as a .pdf, it still will not print.  I do not know how to tell which ap it is printing from.  Just the tab on the top of my computer that has my google docs in it.  I have never had a printer that required me to print from a specific ap, when I hit print, it should print...that's going to be a headache if that's the case!  It doesn't even show up in que. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no application requirement to print, by windows or the printer.  Are you enrolled in the ink replenishment program?

App you are printing from.  you said tab.  Does that mean a browser tab?  Example (chrome, edge, firefox).  

Lets get directly to the issue.  Open the windows start menu.  Enter the letters "notepad".  Open the notepad application.  Type a few random words.  Now press and hold the ctrl (control key), now tap "P"   this will bring up the print dialog.  Select the printer and print.  What is the result?

Note my Start menu will look a little different since I am using windows 11 at the moment.

shadowsports_0-1673794092477.png

shadowsports_1-1673794120930.png

shadowsports_2-1673794210447.png

Results?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I got mad and had to take a few days break from it.  So when I plugged it back in, went through all the connectivity steps then when it asked if I wanted to enroll in the ink program I clicked yes...opened up a whole new world.  I wish they would have put that in the book or something that it would not work if you didn't click that.  It immediately started printing the 2 things that were still in que.  I do not want to be a part of any ink program, so I reckon that will be my next thing to figure out just what the program is and how to keep the printer functioning without it.  But for now, I am printing 🙂  Thank you for your help.  As best I can tell, it is printing from any ap for now.  Blessings!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is good news.  Next you'll need to figure out which supplier you are using for the ink subscription.  Its probably either Canon or Amazon.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your help, You've been awesome!  Be Blessed!

Honestly, I am so disheartened with this printer.  Since the last "FIX" I have been able to print maybe 4-5 jobs successfully.  There is no way to talk to someone on the phone and guide me through all these settings which makes me SO ANGRY!!! It simply pints what it wants to here and there.  I push all kinds of buttons, change settings, and it prints successfully once or twice.  then nothing for weeks. Finally get the gumption up to mess wit the blasted thing for half a day, get one job printed, think I've got all the settings right, and then an hour later..."YOUR PRINTER IS IN ERROR STATUS"  WHAT GIVES?!!!!  

I am a small business owner and don't have hours to spend passing messages back and forth, checking my email, pushing buttons and checking things that I just need to ask a simple question about.  Can't someone call me?  My number is [Removed phone number per forum guidelines]   I am right next to sending this thing back and putting honest reviews out there!

Announcements