cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644CDW toner runs out quickly

tuctam
Apprentice

I puchased this machine with the "get you started" toner included.  I was impressed how long they lasted.  I bought all new toner cartridges and changed them and it's telling me they are empty already after 2 weeks.  

I have NOT printed more items to account for this and I have not changed any settings (that I am aware of).  Has anyone else had this problem, toner is to expensive to replace it that often.

Thank you in advance for any ideas as to how to control this matter better.    

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Tuctam,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What specific message is it giving you for the toner cartridge levels?
  2. What model toner cartridges are you using and what company are they made by?
  3. Does the printer show you the toner level? If so, what does it show for the percentage that is left?

hookedup
Contributor

This is old thread but had the same question ever since purchase.  Printer is for personal use and I do not print too many docs over the "5%" Canon example.  The 054H black toner as of 2/20/23 is down to 20%.  With this data what number can I compare (I did not say it was the same) to the Canon's box which states it "Yields up to 3,100 pages."  Somebody please explain why I don't see any combination even close to that number.  Here's my toner log for black and have the others too.  Canon???

hookedup_0-1676934298602.png

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements