cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF733Cdw Print quality since last firmware update / toner issue / or using bad paper

CrosswindJones
Apprentice

Hello,

I own a 733cdw color laser and I recently the print quality has turned to crap.

I have run the various Maintenance / Cleaning Cycles 5x each at this point with no improvement. I am at a bit of a loss as what to try next.

Possible Issues:
- Bad new black toner
- Firmware update issue (not likely)
- Wife also ran 50-60 prints on maybe a non-laser paper?  I am not 100% sure since she didn't ask me about it but I think something could have happened if the toner did not adhere to the paper?

I have watched the available youtube videos that talk about cleaning and the transfer belt but I am not sure where to look if this is a cleaning issue?  I hate to buy a new BLK toner just to rule out that cause.  So any help would be awesome.

The printer was printing great before the updated BLK toner was added and my wife ran her "programs" but again I'm not sure what to try next.  Thanks so much! 

20221101_015800566_iOS.jpg20221101_015802650_iOS.jpg20221101_015805001_iOS.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I don't know if the ITB would cause something like this to happen. The ITB cleaning option is in the same menu as the other maintenance options.

If the toner cartridges are pulled, is there any spilled toner visible? Are the toner cartridges Canon brand or something else? How do copied pages look? 🤔

Thank you for your reply!

I have run the ITB cleaning routine many times without a change.  I have inspected, and vacuumed the machine as best possible.  There is no noticeable "dump" of toner.  The cartridge's are genuine Canon.  

I will try a copy, I have not done that recently.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements