cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF644Cdw - Spinning and stuck after changing the black cartridge

billg118
Apprentice

Ive had this for about two year and have replaced the toner before with no issues. Today I replaced the black cartridge.

When I close the front of the printer I can hear something spinning non-stop.

At the bottom of the screen I see on "Correcting... wait a moment.". About every 30 seconds theres a big plasticy knock that comes from the machine.

I tried putting the original cartridge back in and it does the same thing. What do I do here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Billg118,

It looks like there is something wrong with the hardware or the toner cartridge is causing an issue. In this situation, you can try removing all of the toner cartridges and leaving them out of the printer. After that, you can unplug the printer from the power and then press the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer in and then turn it on. Once the printer is back up, you can reload the toner and check if it has resolved the issue.

If you continue to have the same problem, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to see what might be causing the issue and can provide any service options

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Billg118,

It looks like there is something wrong with the hardware or the toner cartridge is causing an issue. In this situation, you can try removing all of the toner cartridges and leaving them out of the printer. After that, you can unplug the printer from the power and then press the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer in and then turn it on. Once the printer is back up, you can reload the toner and check if it has resolved the issue.

If you continue to have the same problem, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to see what might be causing the issue and can provide any service options

billg118
Apprentice

Thanks Hector,

I tried all of that and tried putting the old cartridge back in. None of that fixed it.

I put the new one back in and very wiggled the tray around and it worked again. Might be something wrong with the mechanism on my tray.

Announcements