cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF644Cdw Blue double print issue - University Student Need Assistance to correct printer.

acolunga3
Apprentice

Hello I am a University Student and I am trying to fix this printing issue on my Canon Color ImageClass   MF644Cdw.

The inks Black and Blue are 100%, Magenta is 40% and Yellow is 30%. 

I did not have this issue before. And this printer was a Christmas 2000 gift for my university paperwork. 

Please, if anyone can assist me I would greatly appreciate it. 

20220922_222006 (1) - Copy.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I own an MF743Cdw, and my church has an MF733Cdw. I try to make it a habit to run each of the maintenance & adjustment features available on both units every-so-often (kind of like preventative maintenance). Works well to help keep both units in tip-top condition. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe you can find some help with this:

Canon Knowledge Base - Cleaning the Fixing Assembly MF640 Series

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I own an MF743Cdw, and my church has an MF733Cdw. I try to make it a habit to run each of the maintenance & adjustment features available on both units every-so-often (kind of like preventative maintenance). Works well to help keep both units in tip-top condition. 🙂

acolunga3
Apprentice

Thank you dexman335, this worked! I dont know how many times I did it but, now it is functioning properly. After I did that I decided to just switch out the inks and  put new ones just in case too. 

I wonder why one of the maintenance features will not work though. I may need to call Canon if it continues. 

I think that if a cartridge is bad or doesn't behave quite the way it is intended to, the Maintenance functions won't be able to resolve the cause of the trouble.

Still, running them every once-in-a-while could be worth the time & effort. 👍

Announcements