cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF634Cdw Faint Printing on iOS Devices

popojay
Apprentice

Since about when iOS15 was installed on my devices I have a peculiar problem. Airprint finds my printer, allows me to setup the print parameters, and send it to the printer. But when it prints everything comes out lightly printed. Black is printed in light gray, blue in light blue, etc. I have no problem printing from my WIN10 desktop. This problem is occurring with my iPhone 11, iPad 12, my wife's iPhone X, and her iPad 12. All this was working properly just a few months ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kkinkopf
Apprentice

Well, after playing with every setting as well as installing the Cannon iOS app (which did not help), it turned out to be that iOS has an issue using the "eco print" aka "toner saver" mode. I changed this setting in the printer, and now the iOS printers normally. Windows and Android never had an issue. I guess so much for toner-saver mode. I hope this helps someone else. For the record, I have an imageCLASS MF445dw

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What app are you printing from on the phone?
  2. Are you printing a document or is it an image?
  3. Would you be able to attach a sample image of the issue and post it along with your response?

Hopefully the attached scans will give you an idea of my problem. Thanks!IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0006.jpga of my problem.

popojay
Apprentice

Hector, haven’t heard back from you. Are you having any luck with this problem?

I have the exact same issue. Our Windows 10/11 devices work fine.Two ipads and an iOS phone all print very faint. Is there a setting someplace for this?

kkinkopf
Apprentice

Well, after playing with every setting as well as installing the Cannon iOS app (which did not help), it turned out to be that iOS has an issue using the "eco print" aka "toner saver" mode. I changed this setting in the printer, and now the iOS printers normally. Windows and Android never had an issue. I guess so much for toner-saver mode. I hope this helps someone else. For the record, I have an imageCLASS MF445dw

Where did you change the settings?  On your Mac/apple device or on the printer?

I cannot find this setting on my printer. Please advise.

Printer settings under function, Printer Quality, Toner Saver - Turn OFF 

kkinkopf_0-1707116909704.png

Ok. I did this from the printer and the print jobs are all still very light.  Any other suggestions?  Maybe I just take this back and get HP printer.

Announcements