cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF453dw - scans offset, white boarder at top & left side

allansplace
Apprentice

I have replied to another article called "imageCLASS MF453dw White Border on Scanned Image" but, due to its age, am not expecting a reply.  I now start a new post here explaining the issue.

There is a white border at the TOP and LEFT sides of the scan. This is NOT due to an incorrect page size. I have measured my page and input this dimensions, but this would only affect the BOTTOM and RIGHT side of the scan, as the page increases or decreases in height and width. This is NOT the problem. Please read carefully. The offset and resulting white border appears to be about 3~4mm, both edges. In other words, it is not scanning those 3~4mm areas but representing them in PDFs and JPGs as white. As well, the other edges (bottom and right) are being cut off the scan those few milimetres are not being scanned. It is as though the software is offsetting the image to the bottom and right and displacing the top and left with white. How can we fine-tune the scan of the platen glass so as to NOT have that white border on the left and top edges?  A work-around, to physically move the scanned page away from the edges, does not work as there is still a white border.

scan _0001.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

ESE
Apprentice

I also read the older post that explains the exact same problem of mine. My machine is a MF455dw but it's essentially the same as MF453dw. I also get these ~3mm white borders on the exact same positions (top and left corners) of the scanned original. I updated both printer drivers (Generic UFR II V3.0 Release date: 11 September 2024) and MF Scan Utility (V1.21.0.2) to the latest version available but to no avail, the problem still persists. I checked every settings both on Windows and scan software and on the machine itself, but the result is always the same. It's more like a driver/software issue because if I scan the documents through the feeder, I get a complete picture of the same document. It's more like there is an incorrect offset settings somewhere in the software or the firmware when producing the output through platen glass. Next step I'm going to try other drivers (PCL and PostScript), I don't know if the driver has anything to do with scanning functionality but since no one from Canon helps us here, I guess I have to try anything that comes to my mind. I will update my post, if I found any solutions.IMG_0004 - Copy.jpg

Hello!

The Canon Community isn't intended for immediate assistance from Canon USA, but rather for other Canon users to chime in and help if they have the answers. We have already sent your post to a Product Expert, however they are very busy currently so it can take a bit of time to hear back from them.

If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to check out your support options HERE.

Hello!

Thank you for your prompt response.
With due respect, the first part of your reply is just a reiteration of what I said, in a more formal way: "no one from Canon helps us here" or as you'd put it that way: "The Canon Community isn't intended for immediate assistance from Canon USA". And although I'm intending to open a support ticket for this matter but the reason I replied to this post was to add some weight to the original post and the other older post from 1.5 years ago that has only got an impractical response from a respectful "Product Expert".
However, I believe the areas where "users" can "chime in and help" are subjects pertaining to Canon devices normal operations. In contrast, this specific problem is a malfunction of the device, apparently, shared across its product series, not specific to one model. So, unless someone's persistent enough to hack through their device core programming and fix the problem–and there are, sometimes, great geeks over communities that would do so– the solution is out of reach of normal users and their experiences.
Again, I'm thankful for relaying our post to higher departments.

Announcements