cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF451dw won't display home screen

CarolynC
Apprentice

I recently installed a new MF451dw on my Windows 10 PC.  I can no longer get the home screen to display.  It worked correctly the first few times I used the printer.  Now it will only display the page listing paper sizes.  I've tried swiping left and right but cannot get to the home screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks.  I called support and they told me the printer had an error code.  The display would only show a paper size menu.  Support had me select a different paper size and that cleared the error.  The printer worked normally and the error has not recurred.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CarolynC
Apprentice

Sorry, that should say MF451dw. Printer is on a network, but that shouldn't effect the home screen, I would think.

The home screen should appear when the printer turns on or if you press the home button. If the paper size list is the only thing that appears, you can try closing all the paper trays. After that, you can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on.

If that does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. You can check you service options by contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666 or logging into to your MyCanon account.

Thanks.  I called support and they told me the printer had an error code.  The display would only show a paper size menu.  Support had me select a different paper size and that cleared the error.  The printer worked normally and the error has not recurred.

Announcements