cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF445dw Beeps but no print on 2018 mini Mac Catalina 10.15

Dougster
Apprentice

What can I say?

I thought we were out of the "dark ages' with this garbage. Ready to return it and not spend my time fixing Canons software engineering issues. (but I will try for a reasonable amount ot time)

First Canon Printer MF445dw, brand new.

Mac Mini Catalina 10.15 computer, brand new. (2018 version)

No problem hooking the printer up to the network, the Mac had no problem picking up the printer and setting it up/installing.

Only problem is I can not print. Everytime I send something to the printer from a file or Safari it goes to the printer and then beeps but nothing prints.

I can print from the 'Photos' however poorly. 

I can also scan, no problem.

I have also updated the printer firmware.

Everything works perfect for my wifes Win 10 computer.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Dougster wrote:

What can I say?

I thought we were out of the "dark ages' with this garbage. Ready to return it and not spend my time fixing Canons software engineering issues. (but I will try for a reasonable amount ot time)

First Canon Printer MF445dw, brand new.

Mac Mini Catalina 10.15 computer, brand new. (2018 version)

No problem hooking the printer up to the network, the Mac had no problem picking up the printer and setting it up/installing.

Only problem is I can not print. Everytime I send something to the printer from a file or Safari it goes to the printer and then beeps but nothing prints.

I can print from the 'Photos' however poorly. 

I can also scan, no problem.

I have also updated the printer firmware.

Everything works perfect for my wifes Win 10 computer.

Garbage, you mean the thing in front of you with the Apple Logo on it?  Ya, I agree.  But seriously, I  saw you updated the FW. 

By chance have you loaded the Catalina specific drivers for the printer?  Here

Can't promise they will help but certainly worth a try.  Hope it helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Dougster
Apprentice
Thank you for your reply.
When I did try to update drivers the other day Apple said something like no updates or no drivers needed.
Been using Windows computers for 25 years and decided on the Mac expecting flawless issues, ha. Feel like returning it or the printer... Not sure which one!
Will try calling Canon and Apple Monday hoping for a reliable solution, was hoping for some more replies here before I do as we know with tech support sometimes we just go in circles *L*

Hi Dougster.

Do you know if you selected AirPrint or MF440 Series for Use on the Add window?

If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements