cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF264dw Menu Showing Different Language

marlowe
Apprentice

my menu window on my mf260 printer came up in chinese and i can not change it back to English.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jackcote
Apprentice

I had to re-initialize.  I hit 

Menu

3 down OK
down to bottom ok
left button ok

Make sure to put in a PIN when you set it up again

Good luck

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

I just fixed mine back to English - hopefully you're already fixed, but just in case here's 2 different ways to try and fix it.

Option 1

Press Menu button > Down 3 times > Ok > Down to bottom > Ok > Left > Ok > Left > Ok > Wait and cross your fingers and toes!

Option 2

Press Menu button > Down 3 times > Ok > Ok > Ok > Down 2 times > Ok > Ok > Left > Ok > Again cross fingers and toes!

If the steps to change the display language are not working and the printer is set to another language, it could also point to a problem with the hardware. In this situation I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what is causing the issue with the language setting and can provide any available service options. There would not be a charge for support over the phone for a new printer. To call in the printer will need to be registered to your MyCanon account.

DebiT
Apprentice

I have this same issue. My printer is also brand new. Is there a fix?

In case you don't get notifications unless I reply to your post directly, this is the same instructions I just shared with Leanie725. Best of luck!

I just fixed mine back to English - hopefully you're already fixed, but just in case here's 2 different ways to try and fix it.

Option 1

Press Menu button > Down 3 times > Ok > Down to bottom > Ok > Left > Ok > Left > Ok > Wait and cross your fingers and toes!

Option 2

Press Menu button > Down 3 times > Ok > Ok > Ok > Down 2 times > Ok > Ok > Left > Ok > Again cross fingers and toes!

Announcements