cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF212w Error code 600104

JumpToTheMoon
Apprentice

I have a Canon ImageClass MF210.  I use the MF Toolbox software on my MacBook Pro (12.5.1) to scan documents.

On several occasions, when I have been scanning documents with multiple pages (3+), inevitably, between pages, I will receive an error message, and the ability to add additional pages stop.  The screen on the printer itself says something like, "remote scanning..." Upon attempting to scan again, I repeatedly receive the Error code 600104 error message. Tonight, I was only able to fix this by turning the printer on and off several times.  

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be as well as a potential fix?

Cannot communicate with the scanner.
The cable may be disconnected, or the scanner may be turned off.
Check the scanner status and try again.
Scanner driver will be terminated.

Error code: 600104

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi there!

The imageCLASS MF210 is a series of products. For the Community to provide you with the most accurate information, we'll need to know the exact model of your unit. It's usually on the front or top of the physical printer (not from your computer).

How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.
If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.
Thanks and have a great day!

It is the imageCLASS MF212w. I connect via Wi-Fi.

Hello,

If the scan drops after 3 pages and you get a communication error when you try to scan, the issue points to a weak signal or a drop in network communication. In this situation, I would suggest unplugging the router for 5 seconds and then plugging the printer back in. Once the network is back up, you can check if you still have the same issue. If the issue persists, I would suggest moving the printer so it can get a stronger wifi signal from the router.

Announcements