cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF113w No Reaction When I Try to Print

Energizer
Apprentice

I just purchased mf113w yesterday. I am running Mac OS X 10.12.6, and I downloaded the driver, which unzipped reads "mac-mf-v10119-00.dmg". I have the printer connected with a USB A-B printer cable. The power light is on and the display operates, but when I send a file, nothing happens. I receive NO error message. The print monitor on the Mac says the printer is connected and the progress bar finishes ... but nothing happens at the printer. Pressing "Start" does nothing. The only workaround I found was to push the power button so the light turns off, and then turn it back on ... then it immediately starts up and prints! If I go right back and send the same file again, it will not print until I do the off-on process over. If I can't get a solution, I am going to return the printer.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If the printer is not reacting to any print commands or giving you error messages, you can try resetting the printing system on the Mac and then trying to print again. Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. In printers and scanners, you can right click on a blank portion of the printer list and then you can select the option to reset the printing system.

Once the printing system has been reset, you can try adding the printer back to the printer list by click the + at the bottom. Once the printer has been added to the list, you can try printing again to see if the printer starts to respond or you get any error messages.

If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements