cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i-SENSYS MF754Cdw + PF-K1: printing reports gives 'no paper' error (printing itself works fine)

rngt
Apprentice

Dear community,

I installed my new MFP today and mostly everything works well. But I found a strange issue while struggling with some settings.

Cartridges are Tray 1 (built-in) plus an additional Tray 2 (PF-K1)
Paper Types are labels in Tray 1 (as this is smaller) and Plain in Tray 2
Paper Settings in Printer Menu are configured correctly
both PC's in the network are printing fine
'TX Result Report' set to 'Print Only When Error Occurs'

BUT:
When the printer itself tries to print an error report (e.g. when not being able to send to folder / eMail), this will ALWAYS result in a job in 'waiting' state due to a 'no paper' error?!?

Anyone who has an idea what's causing this?

Kind regards, Rainer

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, mgt!

While Canon USA hasn't made a printer with the number "754," we have made a printer called the imageCLASS MF745Cdw whose name is very similar to what you entered.  If this is the printer you actually have or if it's something else, please let us know so that the Community can help you better.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Danny,

seems you're right, it's an EU model (see link) looks like we have a bigger variety? But I thought I might as well check here, as US forums / communities are usually way more frequented and responsive if you're polite and capable of some decent English...

Model is this one, maybe someone encountered the same issue with a different model already?

https://www.canon.de/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/laser/laserbase_mf_ser...

Kind regards, Rainer

Thanks for confirming your model information, Rainer.  As your printer is not offered by Canon USA, our own technicians are unable to provide support for it.  Your fellow users here on the Canon Community Forum, however, are still free to chime in. 

We also recommend contacting the Canon company that serves your country or region to get support directly from the source.  You can find them by visiting THIS LINK and clicking on the map.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements