cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not set TLS for SMTP TX

ovaz
Apprentice

Hi

We have several printers (IR-ADV C250, IR-ADV C2220, MF8500C) that have scan to mail setup using a office365 account.

problem -> the mails are sent out with TLS 1.0 encryption. As MS will drop TLS1.0 support soon we would like to change to TLS1.2 which is required. 

i just dont have the option "use tls for smtp tx" as per manuals, only "use ssl". various other models of Canon MFP we use have this TLS option in the settings.

how can i get TLS support on those models? did not really find any firmware updates etc., are they too old?

thanks

Peter

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello!

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

Regarding your imageCLASS printer, if it's a model that's sold and supported here in the USA, our team will be happy to help at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 10:00am to 6:30pm ET, excluding holidays.

If you're not in the USA, you'll need to reach out to Canon in your country or region by visiting Canon.us/globalsupport

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ovaz wrote:

Hi

We have several printers (IR-ADV C250, IR-ADV C2220, MF8500C) that have scan to mail setup using a office365 account.

problem -> the mails are sent out with TLS 1.0 encryption. As MS will drop TLS1.0 support soon we would like to change to TLS1.2 which is required. 

i just dont have the option "use tls for smtp tx" as per manuals, only "use ssl". various other models of Canon MFP we use have this TLS option in the settings.

how can i get TLS support on those models? did not really find any firmware updates etc., are they too old?

thanks

Peter

Greetings,

Can you set up an outbound connector forcing TLS to specific domain(s) in your tenant?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements