Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

can mf212w scanner use wifi??

Just set-up MF212W.  Can Scanner talk to computer over wifi or do I need a USB connection?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: can mf212w scanner use wifi??

Ooops didnt load the "MF Toolbox".  All is well now.

Highlighted
New Contributor

My nem computer runs on Windows10. I already installer my Canon212w printer-scanner,. I have MF toolbox, but it says it's not installed. How can I use my scanner if it's connected by wi-fi.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I wish someone would just start at the beginning and explain how to connect the mf212 to wifi, Windows 10. I struggle to get my printer working especially if it magically goes "off-line". Great printer/scanner, poor connectivity instructions.
Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Hi rajnaim.

If you haven't yet done so, you'll need to install the latest version of the driver (not the CD version), as well as the patch, both available free of charge on the MF212w Drivers & Downloads page.  If you have trouble setting the MF212w up to your wireless network, you may use the Wireless Setup Assistant, found on the Software tab of the same page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.