cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor color accuracy when copying Color Laser Printer ImageClass MF733cdw

Acert93
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon Multifunction Color Laser Printer: ImageClass MF733cdw. I tried to reach email support but it wont submit my issue so I will try here. Thanks in advance, I appreciate the community feedback.

Issue: The color accuracy when copying is extremely poor. The darks, in particular, are very poor and browns are more gray and contract and graduation is poor. Attempts to manually calibrate are not good enough and wasting toner.

Is there an auto-calibration to ensure accuracy?

The manual process improved results but I would not call them "good," take a lot of time and waste a lot of toner. I really need to fix this issue to make it serviceable for my needs, i.e. quick and fast multifunction printer, scanner, copier. As it stands color copies are poor.

I have copied a couple different book covers as tests and made about a dozen copies on 3 different mediums (paper, gloss laser printer paper, matte laser printer paper) to ensure that was not the issue.

I did ensure I was using the quality picture settings.

I have resorted to using the manual CMYK adjustments in the copy maintenance settings to get better, but far from perfect, results. So the issue does appear to be the machine can get the right colors but between scanning and printing a copy the color information is skewing badly. I have had to use quite a bit of toner and time to get results I can get from a 10 year old printer. If I cannot get the copier to produce accurate colors without constant revision it loses its value as a multifunctional printer.

I have printed a couple pictures from my PC (Windows 10) and it looked ok but I spotted color in shadows was off significantly (no clear graduation or contract as the picture had)--I have not yet scanned the covers to the PC and then printed from there as I spent my time reading the knowledge base and trying to make manual adjustments. I will do a scan to PC, print from PC test this weekend. I have looked at the Knowledge base section regarding color adjustments.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi acert.

I will be glad to assist you.

There are a couple automatic corrections that you can try. The first is the quick auto gradation adjustment. Please follow the steps below to perform the adjustment:

1. Select <Menu> in the Home screen. Home Screen

2. Select <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>  <Auto Adjust Gradation>.

3. Select <Quick Adjust>.

4. Select <Start>.

You can also try having the machine to correct the color mismatch. Please follow the steps below:

1. Select <Menu> in the Home screen. Home Screen

2. Select <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>.

3. Select <Correct Print Color Mismatch>.

4. Select <Start>.

The adjustment starts.

If the issue is still not resolved, please call us at at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same issue and when I called Canon on the support line, they said they stop support the product?

Hi, kamizakeno!

The Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw is the unit being discussed in this thread, and it is still being serviced and supported by our phone support team here at Canon USA. If your printer is NOT the Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw, your unit may not be supported by our phone team any longer, and your support options may be limited. 

If your unit is the Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw, and you've followed the above troubleshooting, we advise that you try to reach out to support again. 

Announcements