cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Register Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw...It isn't listed on the page.

sclev
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm sure this isn't the place, but I'm going to give it a shot since customer service was unable to help me.  I purchased the Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw (on 21 May 2019.  I am able to find the printer on the Canon website.  I got the drivers, the documents, etc. just fine.  However, I am unable to successfully register the printer.  In order to register, you must type the name of your printer in the box.  After you start typing a list of printers that match your input pops up.  The Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw is not listed.  I contacted Customer support last week and they said they would get it resolved by last Thursday.  That didn't happen.  

Why am I concerned?  Because I will get a 10% discount on toner...And I want my warranty registered.

I realize this is a new printer, but come on.. The info page is up and functional.  Get the registration page updated Please!

10 REPLIES 10

Patrice
Whiz

Hi sclev.

A trouble ticket has been entered to have the printer added to the Product Registration page. Currently, there is no ETA as to when it will become available, but I do recommend checking back in a couple of days to see if the issue has been resolved. On behalf of Canon, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you need any further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

gprasadhr
Apprentice

Wanted to register MF644CDW. This printer is not showing up in the drop down list to choose from. Please fix Canon.

Thanks

Hi gprasadhr.

The MF644Cdw is available in the drop down list on the registration page. It is listed as "imageCLASS MF640 - MF644Cdw". Start typing "MF644" into the box that shows [Ex: EOS 5D Mark IV, ...] and the listing will appear. 

If you continue to experience an issue with selecting the printer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The serial number in the printer start with a number , followed by two characters , followed by 5 numbers. Your website does not allow to register this number. It gives an error saying must start with 2 - 5 letters. The serial number in the printer does NOT start with a letter, but starts with one digit number. What should i do to register ? Thanks

Thanks for writing back!

Our IT group is aware of the issue with registering the MF644Cdw and are working on a resolution. At this time, there is no ETA as to when the issue will be resolved.

Please note that the registration is not linked to the warranty. In the unlikely event that service is required, you may be asked to provide a copy of the receipt of purchase. Please keep the receipt in a safe location.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

OK, it's a month later, and you still have that dumb validation on the serial numbers. As a software engineer with 35 years experience, I find it kind of lame that you do not have this issue fixed (or for that matter, didn't anticipate the issue).

I must agree with LeeLorenzSr!

I too am an engineer and it appears this issue was first reported here in MAY!!!  That's six months to fix this simple issue? That's six months that your customers cannot register their product for discounts or various other things.

COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.  Seriously rethinking my purchase.

Will the fix be in soon? I am also unable to register my MF644Cdw because it starts with a number followed by two letters.

I had the same problem - serial number on the printer did not start with two letters.  Given the printer is called mf644, I typed in mf as the first two letters and it accepted the registration.

Announcements