cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toner Cartridge doesn't fit new MF644CDW (refurb) purchased from Canon.

samhas
Apprentice

this is one of the weird ones for me and thought of sharing.

Purchased 2 factory refurb MF644CDW directly from Canon. installed one upon delivery with no issues... and just got to installing the second one just to realize the toner cartridges don't fit in the tray... makes me think during the refurb process, Canon slid the wrong tray by mistake as I notice some different alignment notches on the tray when compared to the working one.

As troubleshooting, I tried the cartridges from the working printer on this one. Same issue. Any guidance highly appreciated.

Attached photos of the new one with empty tray and the working one with one cartridge removed. 

messages_0 (4).jpegPXL_20220828_015718192.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Samhas,

It looks like something is wrong with the hardware on the MF644Cdw and the printer needs service. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what is wrong with the tray and can provide any service options.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Samhas,

It looks like something is wrong with the hardware on the MF644Cdw and the printer needs service. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what is wrong with the tray and can provide any service options.

Thanks Hector, I did contact Canon. They sent a replacement (after waiting for back order)... I put them side by side and sure thing, the black part of the tray is the only difference.

maybe a late reply but I did just that and they sent a replacement printer which the toner fit with no issues. I believe the wrong tray was used during refurbishment. thanks for the advise!

Announcements