cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Code 5207

RobBax68
Apprentice

I mistakenly put this under the 'office printer' category when it should go here...  [Canon MAXIFY models are classified as office printers, so we moved it back.]

I have had the Maxify MB2320 for about 3-4 years and it has worked pretty consistently until recently.  Now it doesn't seem to be pulling paper from either paper cassettes.  Whenever I attempt to print from anything (my phone, work laptop, iMac, etc) the printer starts acting like it's going to print (it sounds like it's printing) but it only spins its wheels and no paper gets pulled from a cassette.  Everytime it happens I get the same error message.  It says:

Support Code  5207

Printer Error has occured.

Follow the Steps Below.

1. Cancel printing, then turn the device off

2. Turn the device on again.

I've done that about 20 times now to no avail.  I reset the settings and same thing.  Any suggestions?  I need to get this working for my kids school work as they are going to school remotely for the semester and I really don't want to buy a new printer.  Thanks in advance!!!

12 REPLIES 12

Godfadda
Apprentice

I am having the same issue on my Maxiify MB2720 since last week.

There is no paper stuck in the front or rear of the printer.  When I try to clean the roller I can get to the part where you put 3 letter size pieces of paper and tap ok.  It starts for a short time and the error code pops up again.  I tried several of the other maintenance items with the same results.

Why is this a common issue with no fix other that having it serviced or purchasing a new printer.?

Weyland00
Apprentice

Same here. Did a reset, connected printer by both line and wifi to computer, replaced toner, checked for paper jams, nothing worked. Printer never got issues. Now 5200/5207. Is there another rest possible?

jvenezia
Apprentice

Same problem here with a relatively new MB 2720. It was printing well until one day it wasn't, when I received support code 5207. I replaced cartridges, examined it for any loose or jammed bits of paper, all to no avail. It just stopped working. Even when I run the regular or deep cleaning routine, it stops and gives me the 5207 message only seconds into the cleaning. I know the cartridge cradle is moving, since I can hear it, so it's not a matter of being stuck. So at the moment, I have a very large and heavy flatbed scanner with no printing capability. This is the first Canon I purchased and I did so due to the fact that it's classified as an office printer and should therefore be a little more durable. When set up correctly, and with the appropriate paper, it prints rather well. Now I'm forced to use my Epson XP-15000 wide format photo printer for routine printing, which I don't want to do. This is the only and last Canon device I'll ever purchase. I avoided them for decades, slipped up with this purchase, and now the legacy of lousy Canon printers caught up to me.

Announcements