cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning on mf743??

Hab
Apprentice
I just bought this and am trying to install. I print and scan from/to my iPhone and IPad. It prints fine and copies but I can’t get it to scan which is necessary. The error message is “email/I-Fax Settings are not configured in Remote UI. for more information contact the system manager.” I have no system manager. I am a guy who just bought a printer. I have gone on the remote UI on my IPad and can not find how to configure this to receive. I have put email addresses in the address book, which pop up, but it won’t scan. Help! Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Hab.

It is recommended that you use the Send Setting Function Tool to set up the scan to email feature. Please view the steps at the link below to perform the setup:

Configuring Basic Email Settings

Please refer to your email provider to confirm if you are using the correct settings. 

If you run into any issues, or require further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This isn't helpful.. canon really sucks.  You should get some directions bc 100% of people are going to want to be able to scan to email

How are you supposed to know what your IP address is?  Why wasn't this written by people who know how to communicate with people who don't have a background with computers???

Hi garrettb675, If you're having the same issue we recommend starting a new topic so the community can assist you or reaching out to our tech support team to give you one-on-one help with your situation. Please give them a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm ET. They'll be happy to help you out.

Announcements