cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan to email or scan to computer

djones507
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to set up scan to email or scan to computer on a imageclass 445dw. Canon instructions are terrible and customer service never answers. HELP!!

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you tell us which email provider you plan to use for SMTP relay?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

djones507
Apprentice
Gmail and Microsoft outlook

Canon Customer service is the worse. I will never be buying anymore canon products. Cant get anyone on the phone and generic answers online. I just want my printer to connect to the printer.

You post a question, you get a reply...  then nothing from you for over 2 months...

I'm not sure how that is bad customer service on Canon's part, or "generic answers"?

Re: Scan to email or scan to computer - Canon Community

SMTP for GMAIL: - From Google

Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - Google Workspace Admin Help

SMTP For M365 - from Microsoft

POP, IMAP, and STMP settings - Office Support (microsoft.com)

Scan to Computer

Use hostname or computer's IP address

Destination folder must have correct permissions set

Hostname example - \\ComputerHostName\FolderName

IP address example - \\192.168.1.x\FolderName

If you are using a MAC:

smb://computername or IP/FolderName

The information is available if you search.  The examples I provided apply to any printer from any manufacturer. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hello Djones, To setup scanning to email, you would need to log into the printer's remote user interface to enter you email settings. You can log into the printer's remote user interface and enter the info using the steps in the link below. https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-4518-zz-SSM-440-enUV/contents/devu-setup-scan-mail_ifax-mail_ifax_set... To scan to your computer, you would need the scanner driver and scanner software installed to the computer. You can download and install the scanner driver and the MF scan utility using the link below. To provide more information on the setup for scanning to the computer, we would need some additional information. If you can reply to this message with the version of the Mac or Windows operating system that you have installed on your computer. Once we have that information, we can assist further. https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/ima... For a more immediate response of for someone to walk you through the process, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements