cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing an envelope from multi purpose tray MF741Cdw

Banquo
Apprentice

I've had this printer for a month and have to say up front that I have grown to hate it for the incomprehensible menu trees and the minimum 1 hour wait for tech support.

Here's what I want to do: put an envelope into the multi-purpose tray and print an address on it using Windows 10 and Word.

At first I would select print from Word (using and old envelope template I had), Select Mult-purpose tray from the printer options and print. It would pick up paper from Tray 1 not the multipurpose tray. I finally got past this by starting with a new envelope template. I don't know why this worked but it did get the stubbern printer to print from the multi-purpose tray.

Now it will actually print an envelope from the multi-purpose tray but I get a shadow of the text offset about 2 1/4 inches from the text I want. I also get a warning from the printer that I have the wrong paper size but the paper size is set to #10 envelope which is what I have.

In my 40 years of buying printers for computers, this is the most frustration machine I have ever owned.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements