cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Non Text Documents - Unreadable text

marcusob
Apprentice

I have just bought an IMAGE CLASS MF267DF. If I print a word text document the quality is acceptable. However printing anything else for example a web page where the text is not black, results in an unreadable faint  mess.

Can I set this printer to just print monochrome ? As greyscale comes out too faint to read anything.  Even better I would have hoped that the printer should have a setting where I can tell it to just treat text as monochrome at least, how are other people printing for exmaple yellow text ? Are you processing the image before printing somehow ?

Any help would be great, or I thnk I'll send it back.

2 REPLIES 2

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi Marcusob,

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

The page is being sent in color to the printer. The print is for black printing. You can try adjusting information in the printer driver to help when printing color pages online. Open MF267dw printer driver. Click on the Quality tab, Advanced, Toner Density, Adjust then raise to high. Please remember to restore the setting once finished. If not, this will effect the print out from other programs. If you wish to print it clearly, it will have to be converted to black.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I will be more explicit - the web pages I want to print contain black text, so I want the text printed as text

1. Is there a simple option to render an image to monochrome ie any pixel over a certain value will be dithered to black, and over that value set to white ?

2. When printing colour web pages with text on, what are the general best settings to make the text on the printed page easy to read ?

3. Even though the printer is not colour, what are the best settings when printing any color images ? - ie converting to greyscale

4. If printing a web page/image that has block boxes ie heading boxes shaded that appear as solid black etc, is there any way to just get an outline ie any wy of dithering to monochrome ?

5. If the printer/driver dont support such things, is there a recommended software app/utility that will do these things ? Perfereably some kind of image processing, without using an image editor ?  

Announcements