cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not responding, running Windows 11.

Bobsacerdo
Apprentice

I am using a Dell XPS 15 7000 series laptop running Windows 11. I have a MAXIFY MB5120 multifunction printer that worked with it perfectly until recently, when I started getting "printer not responding" messages. Both the computer and printer are connected to the same LAN, both show good signal strength.  I tried all the usual things - restart the router, power off/on both printer and computer, disconnect/reconnect to LAN for both, using the the problem:  Any other drivers or work-arounds I can use to correct this?  Thanks., using Dell online diagnostics etc.  No errors or malfunctions listed for either. I tried downloading and installing new printer driver, no effect. I did get an error message when downloading, couldn't find current update information, and I checked and found no driver listed for use with Windows 11.  Dell says that is the problem: Any work-around, patch or alternate drivers that might address this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Was the printer installed and working under windows 10, then you upgraded to Windows 11?

Drivers for W11 are available:

Support | Small Office / Home Office Printers | MAXIFY MB5120 | Canon USA

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNzMzMjAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

I suggest you uninstall the printer, and remove all Canon software.

Restart

Now use the file above to reinstall the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bobsacerdo
Apprentice

NOTE:  Somehow when I posted this, some words got out of order.  The relevant point garbled, I have run the troubleshooter, it didn't identify the problem.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Was the printer installed and working under windows 10, then you upgraded to Windows 11?

Drivers for W11 are available:

Support | Small Office / Home Office Printers | MAXIFY MB5120 | Canon USA

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNzMzMjAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

I suggest you uninstall the printer, and remove all Canon software.

Restart

Now use the file above to reinstall the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks - Indeed the printer was installed under W10, I upgraded to W11, it worked for several months then quit responding. I'll go there and get the new driver package. That said, I decided to give it one last try and removed/reinstalled again - and it worked. The only difference was this time I installed using the IVP4 address rather than a different approach. For whatever reason that did the trick.

Announcements