cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Image Class MF634 on new computer

msummers1
Apprentice

I have just installed new drivers for my trusty Image class MF634 on a new W11 computer and have wound up with the system thinking I have 2 printers installed! When I printed a test page from the installation, I got two pages: 1showing "Printer Name" as "Canon MF632C/634C UFR II" and the other showing it as "Canon MF632C/634C UFR II V4". The first is also shown with a port name that is just a bunch of letters, and the second port name is the IP address assigned to the printer. Looks like that is the result of installing two drivers. What should I do now to remedy this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

normadel
Authority
Authority

Windows just loves to add extra versions of printers, and they may all work and they may not.. Do both of them work? And, when you added/installed the printer, were there multiple options in the setup list?  My Canon MF laser and MG inkjet do not connect by IP address. The correct network printer to choose is the one with "the bunch of letters". It is Canon's printer-discovery protocol.

If they both work fully (the utilities etc.) you can delete the IP printer. If the IP printer does not want to stay deleted, live with it and make the other one your default printer.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

normadel
Authority
Authority

Windows just loves to add extra versions of printers, and they may all work and they may not.. Do both of them work? And, when you added/installed the printer, were there multiple options in the setup list?  My Canon MF laser and MG inkjet do not connect by IP address. The correct network printer to choose is the one with "the bunch of letters". It is Canon's printer-discovery protocol.

If they both work fully (the utilities etc.) you can delete the IP printer. If the IP printer does not want to stay deleted, live with it and make the other one your default printer.

Announcements