cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No paper LTR Plain error with ImageClass D1320

dferlemann
Apprentice

I'm trying to get this printer to work.  I want to use Drawer 1 with Letter sized paper.  I think I set it up correctly with the drawer brackets and in the back pushed in for LTR size.  I have installed the driver on Windows 11 and updated the firmware on the printer to 2202(bootable) and 0166(lang) recommended on the product page.  Printing preference settings is set to have letter size for page and output size, plain (60-89 g/m2, which I'm using a 75 g/m2 paper).

But when I print every time, it beeps with red light on and shows the error "No paper: LTR Plain" and there's a menu option to choose <Cancel> | [] _LTR Plain | [1] LGL: Plain L, if I choose [1] LGL: Plain L, it would print one page only.  This leads me to think if there's a printer setting governs the Drawer 1 paper size somewhere I don't know about.  I explored a bit in Menu options couldn't find anything useful.  Please help!  Thanks!

dferlemann_0-1687267248550.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dferlemann
Apprentice

I found a workaround thought to document here.  My workaround is to set to use Multi-purpose Tray in PC's printer preference and on printer itself.  I think the issue is the Drawer 1 not detecting LGL sized paper or something.  Tried updating firmware, resetting, etc.  None of those methods worked.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Try the Paper Source Tab.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I just tried the "Paper source tab" and selected Drawer 1 instead of Auto. Applied and tried to print again, still the same error.

dferlemann
Apprentice

I found a workaround thought to document here.  My workaround is to set to use Multi-purpose Tray in PC's printer preference and on printer itself.  I think the issue is the Drawer 1 not detecting LGL sized paper or something.  Tried updating firmware, resetting, etc.  None of those methods worked.  

Announcements