cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near Constant Errors on LBP622Cdw

One-Handed
Apprentice

Since this is my first post and I am in dire need of assistance, would you PLEASE send me a message with the exact reason SHOWN as to why this post is being rejected!

I'm a massive stroke survivor and still managed to get the printer unboxed and set up by using the packaging bag itself to lift the entire printer to my desk before separating it from the bottom Styrofoam and the bag (Thank you Cannon for heavy duty bags).

As if that wasn't difficult enough,I just finished setting up my Cannon ImageClass LBP622Cdw according to the setup video and finished the installation program with the provided DVD disk and can do NOTHING with the printer.

Firstly:

My Motorola Modem/router combo has TWO bands. My PC is on the 5G band and the printer can only connect to the 2.4G band. There is NOTHING in the provided information which covers this. Can it work that way since they are both connected to the same router? Even when I connect my PC to the 2.4G band the printer still errors out and will not print.

Secondly:

My printer CONSTANTLY goes into error mode without hardly ever providing a reason for the error light flashing. Most of the time it reports a No Paper error even though it has a full paper tray which has been opened and the stack fanned and then closed and the no paper error continues.

Thirdly:

Is powering off and powering the printer back on the only way to clear the flashing error light?

Fourthly:

ONE TIME, and only ONE TIME, the printer display reported "Ready To Print" and the split second I selected the print option for a desktop .png file the printer IMMEDIATELY went into flashing error mode again!

Fifthly:

Is there a way to connect the printer directly to the PC via WiFi without going through the router and if so, can my PC remain on the router 5G Band while the printer connects to my PC via the 2.4G Band?

,Totally Frustrated

UPDATE:

I was able to produce 5 printouts yesterday after hours of fighting with the printer and now I have more questions.

1 - WHY IS THERE NO DESKTOP ICON FOR THE PRINTER USER MANUAL SO I CAN FIND IT? The installation process stated it was installed by green check marking it during the software installation process using the provided DVD (which also DOES NOT play in a Bluray player - Try printing "PC ONLY" on the disk!!!) I use the Search Feature by right clicking on the Windows icon at the lower lef of my taskbar and enter Canon (yes, I noticed I've been spelling their name wrong) and it cannot find the User Manual which was downloaded and installed in some stupid  X86 file directory somewhere, AND I STILL HAVE YET TO FIND IT!!! The only thing I can find and open is a  Dark Grey  CANON APP that can't even tell me how much toner I have, but yet the installation prcess also green check marked  the toner monitoring software installation process as being completed too!

Give me the TOTALLY USER FRIENDLY EASE OF USE OF MY OLD HP 550C DeskJet printer I BOUGHT IN 1993!!!

That's TWENTY-SEVEN years ago, and it was EXTREMELY easy to use straight out of the box!!!

I'm not a Social Media person...IT TOOK ME OVER FOUR FREAKING HOURS TO FIND MY POST SO I COULD UPDATE IT!!! I entered my User name in an advanced search filter on the left after entering POSTS in the main search field AND IT FINDS NOTHING!!!! BUT THAT SEARCH QUERY WITH THOSE SPECIFIC SEARCH TERMS SHOULD HAVE LISTED THIS POST IMMEDIATELY!!!!

You see that little red envelope icon near the top right of this community page? It should have an active direct link to MY POSTS as one of the pop up options and something SO COMMON SENSE AS THAT to help the non social media NON FORUM FAMILIAR TYPES (as myself) to quickly return to their posted requests for help IS MISSING. The key word is help... That would be a HUGE HELP.

Through my struggles, and empirical (trial and ERROR after error after error - ad infinitum); I discovered that my PC can be on the 5G Band and the printer can be on the 2.4G Band of my router and it will still print the selected file.

LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANT!!!

The manual was installed on my computer and I have no clue where it is or how to access it for help!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, One-Handed!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Did you answer her question?

Mine is doing the same thing, yesterday printed perfectly, today nothing but error messages.

What can I do to fix this.

I would ask again:  did you ANSWER the question posted by two users above?  I have a printer that has performed well at least sporadically, and today it will print nothing, simply flashes the error light.  The error message says there is no paper but that is not true.  I have spent half the day trying to resolve this problem with no success.  I am desperate for a response that will allow me to print or receive accurate information from the printer.

eblunck – Did you ever get an answer or figure out this issue?

No, I have been unable to resolve it.  It is sporadic in that it becomes more frequent then less frequent, all with the same settings.  I am a simple user and always put 22 lb. letter paper in Drawer 1.  I use the Multi-purpose tray for envelopes without any problem.  I believe the problem is in my paper settings.  The printer thinkz my setting does not match up with the paper in the tray.  But I have been unable to resolve it completely.

Hello eblunck,

The issue could be caused by the settings that you used during your print job, the drivers that you have installed on your computer, or a problem with the rollers grabbing the paper. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Does the load paper error give you a code number or show you the paper size it is looking for? If so, what size does ask for?
  3. Does the paper jam when you get the load paper error?

For a more immediate response or to go through all the items that could be causing your issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. our agents would be happy to assist you with the issue.

Tejasca
Apprentice

Has anone figured this out? I have the same issue; printing fine yesterday, today "no paper" error when the drawer is full. Does Canon give a **bleep** about its customers being able to successfully use its products?

tsunami1040
Apprentice
we can print from our iphone to the printer successfully. it grabs the paper loaded in the large tray. when we try to print from the laptop it gives the OUT OF PAPER error. so if we load a single sheet on the top of the tray ot grabs it and then prints. please note we have gone into settings on laptop (windows) and specified tray1 and then multipurpose tray next with the same result. it will only print if we feed it a sheet at a time from the top.

since we can print from our iphone its a glitch somewhere in between the laptop and the printer. not sure what to do.
we have even updates drivers to most current ones offerred on canon.com
Announcements