cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed cartridges, won't print

kulttiry
Apprentice

Have an older Canon, i-sensys LBP7110Cw, and only now for the first time had to change black ink cartridge.
Everything worked fine, installed new cartridge and the panel is indicating everything is ok.

But when I print, nothing comes out.

Tried different colors, just for the heck of it, and blank page (although now that I've tried it many times, the page is getting slightly blue on the edges :D).Have read all the manuals that I can find, tried all the tricks meant for other printers and nothing.

So the printer says all systems nominal, but nothing comes out when printin (through USB, so no connection error either).

What else can I try?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you using Canon branded toner?

What toner model number did you replace the black with?

Canon Knowledge Base - Replacing the Toner Cartridge (LBP7110Cw) 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It's an off-brand cartridge, but sold as to fit this printer. And it does fit okay..

The label on the cartridge says:

C8540A/CE320A/CF210X/CRG716 BLACK IP

Hello Kulttiry,

Third party toner cartridges can cause issues with print quality. In this situation I would suggest trying to reseat the toner cartridge and checking that all packing material has been removed. you can reseat the toner using the steps in the link HERE.

If reseating the toner does not resolve the issue, you can try a Canon toner cartridge to see if it resolves the issues. If a new Canon toner cartridge doe not resolve the issue, it would mean the printer needs service. You can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist and can provide your service options.

Announcements