cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Imageclass D530 is printing lines down each sheet. Help.

christianbookky
Apprentice

My Imageclass D530 is printing lines down each sheet.  I've run the "clean fixing unit" function several times and it has not made a difference.  I've run over a 100 copies thinking it would get better and it is not.  I've tried to clean any where I could and that hasn't helped. 

The lines that print appear to have faint characters in them. 

Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello kjhmills,

It sounds like the drum in the toner cartridge is damaged.  I recommend you replace the toner cartridge with a Genuine Canon Cartridge 128 to restore your print quality.  You can purchase a replacement toner cartridge at your local office supply store and from our Sales Department.  To order directly from Canon, please call our Sales Department at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666).  They are open seven days a week from 8 AM to Midnight ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

back2denise
Apprentice

When I try to clean, I get the message, "failed."

Hi back2denise.

I will be able to assist you.

If the cleaning failed, it could be due to documents stored in the memory of the machine.  To check and clear jobs, please follow the instructions below:

NOTE:  The instructions show the [Copy] function.  Please select a different job status to check all of the functions.

1. Press [ ] or [ ] (Status Monitor/Cancel).

2. Press [ ] or [ ] to highlight <Copy Job Status>, and then press [OK].

The detailed information is displayed.

To cancel the job:
(1) Press [ ] or [ ] to highlight <Cancel>, and then press [OK].

(2) Press [ ] to highlight <Yes>, and then press [OK].
The job is canceled.

(3) Press [ ] or [ ] (Status Monitor/Cancel) to close the screen.

To only check the details of the selected job:
After you finish checking the details of the selected job, press [ ] or [ ] (Status Monitor/Cancel) to close the screen.

If the failed cleanings persists, it is recommended that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My prints have lines across and down with the faint text that was mentioned above. I tried the procedure recommended here, but I didn't have any documents stored in memory. And when I try to clean, I also get the message "failed". Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Hello kjhmills,

It sounds like the drum in the toner cartridge is damaged.  I recommend you replace the toner cartridge with a Genuine Canon Cartridge 128 to restore your print quality.  You can purchase a replacement toner cartridge at your local office supply store and from our Sales Department.  To order directly from Canon, please call our Sales Department at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666).  They are open seven days a week from 8 AM to Midnight ET (excluding holidays).

Thank you.  That was exactly the problem.  Thank you for your prompt and helpful response.

Announcements