cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2720 won't print

dcshawhan
Apprentice

It is connected wirelessly; the home screen shows Wi-Fi.  It has been printing correctly until today; now it just says "the printer is in use" and just sits there.  I have no idea what to do.  I went through the sequence of using WPF on the router to make sure the printer was finding the network, and it said it was connected.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi dcshawhan,

To check the connection between the printer and computer over the wireless network please print out the network configuration page. Click HERE for information on printing the network configuration page. Once the network configuration page is printed check to confirm the following information: 

• SSID: (ensure this is your network name) 
  • Signal Strength (preferably higher than 80%) 
  • IP Address (should start with either 192, 172, or 10)

On your computer, open a web browser window and type the IP Address into the address bar at the top of the window. (Do not type IP Address into the Search Box. After typing in the IP Address go to the printers remote website. If the computer is able to access the printer's website, the two devices are able to see each other over the network. In the event that the computer is not able to access the printer's website, the two devices are unable to see each other over the network.

If the two devices are able to see each other over the network, perform the following steps:

1. Restart the printer and computer.
  2. Attempt a test print.

If the two devices are not able to see each other over the network, perform the following steps:

1. Disconnect your router for approximately 1 minute and reconnect. (May take approximately 1-2 minutes for the network to be fully functional.)
  2. Confirm that the computer is on the same network listed next to SSID
  3. Perform a test print.

I am having the same issue and the troubleshooting steps do not resolve the problem. The printer has been working fine with existing settings until this morning. 

Am attempting to print from iMac on 10.14.6

Symptoms:

• Printer queue shows as idle (green status in Mac printers & scanners System Preferences)
  • Once attempt to print test page (or print job), shows "printer in use, default" (yellow status in Mac printers & scanners System Preferences) and job is stuck in queue
  • If remove print job from queue, goes back to green/idle, subsequently (after a couple of minutes) shows as yellow/in use
  • Printing from printer directly (i.e., printing the network settings) works fine

Troubleshooting steps that have not helped:

• Network connectivity and settings are fine - no issue in seeing printer, no network issues
  • Signal strength has not changed, computer and printer on same network / subnet
  • Have reinstalled driver
  • Have rebooted computer
  • Have disabled IPv6 on printer (not in use on local LAN, environment is IPv4)
  • Have rebooted router
  • Have turned printer on and off
  • Printer ink is approx 2/3 full for all colors

Any other ideas?

Figured it out, this is bizarre.

Initial install of drivers when printer was purchased was configured to use Bonjour.

As part of driver reinstall during troubleshooting, it defaulted to Bonjour multifunction

(Used System Prefs -> Printers & Scanners -> HIghlight Canon MB2700 series and Ctrl-click on '+' as if adding a new driver to see additional driver info)

Adding a new driver instance as "Canon IJ Network" seems to have fixed the issue.

??

This solution worked for me! I kept getting the "printer is in use" message when trying to print wirelessly from my Mac devices. I downloaded the drivers but the instructions said to choose the Bonjour option. I reinstalled the drivers and chose the option with "Canon IJ Network" under Kind. See step 11 of the following (do not choose Bonjour!): https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART166104

All is working now, thanks!

Announcements