cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MAXIFY GX7021 Scan to Email Help

ravenh20
Apprentice

Hi!

I have a Canon MAXIFY GX7021 that I need help with. 

We have been really struggling to set up our printer's scan to email. We have followed the manual and when setting up the mail server with a gmail address, we would successfully get a connection to the server. However when trying to print from the printer it would give us an error. In response I tried to switch to a yahoo email and it won't work at all.

The problem is is we have turned on two step verification etc. for both accounts like the troubleshooting I have looked up has said to do, but I've still run into problems. Also Google is no longer supporting app passwords like other fixes have suggested, and upon trying to get an app password from the yahoo account we created it says the feature is unavailable. I'm not entirely sure where to go from here. The firmware is updated to what it needs to be, but even if the test connection works the printer is unable to email the scan to us.

Thanks for the help!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ravenh20,

Because there are a number of reasons why this issue is occurring, it is recommend that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Once logged in, select Get Support in the left side menu.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements