cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2320 using color ink too fast

ladyinred
Contributor

I really dislike this printer.  I just put in new black and all 3 color cartridges on 7/1 and it is now showing both blue and red are out and yellow is very low.  The black is fine, and still almost full.  Most of the printing I do is either confirmation of a online order or receipts for payment of bills, none of which I do in color, only black.  Why is it using all the color?  Is there some setting that says mix the color to make black?  I am ready to go out and buy a  new printer and it won't be Canon.

4 REPLIES 4

AmandaC
Contributor

@ladyinred wrote:

I really dislike this printer.  I just put in new black and all 3 color cartridges on 7/1 and it is now showing both blue and red are out and yellow is very low.  The black is freejobalert gimp notepad++ fine, and  still almost full.  Most of the printing I do is either confirmation of a online order or receipts for payment of bills, none of which I do in color, only black.  Why is it using all the color?  Is there some setting that says mix the color to make black?  I am ready to go out and buy a  new printer and it won't be Canon.

Yeah saw the same thing here. Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Amanda

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ladyinred,

The MAXIFY MB2320 will use color ink tanks to print colored text.  Even if the grayscale option is checked in the printer driver, if the original text is in a color other than black, the MAXIFY MB2320 will combine the cyan, magenta and yellow ink tanks together to make a composite black.  This is why your color ink cartridges are still being used.

To use only the black ink tank, the original text must be black and the paper setting must be set to Plain Paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Plain paper is selected.  Print choice is Black & White, not color.  I have not changed what or how I am printing.  It just started using color (all three color and black were installed July 1, and all 3 color were empty in less than three weeks!  There was an update for Windows 10 about that time.  Could that have changed something?  I have to reinstall the printer about every other week.  Sometimes I can print to it from my iPad, and sometimes the network doesn't see it.  Then I have to reinstall the printer again.  It will work for a little while, but the ink issue is new. 

Maybe these are not good for intermittent use.

My MB2160, is just over 3 years old. 30 months ago I replaced the cartridges with genuine XL ones and the ink display showed full. Now the history shows 81 sheets output B&W and 142 in colour and 977 scans. I have printed few images.

When I try to print  document it takes a very long time getting ready and the ink goes down a lot during that process.

Would it be possible to access the use data which is sent to Canon?

Recently I tried to print a page. I would say there to be about 1/8 to 1/16 left on the indicator of coloured inks. But while it was getting ready firstly the magenta ran out. Then it offered to me to print anyway but then the cyan ran out.

I would appreciate any comment. 

Announcements