cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LBP360 won't print text but prints images fine

DrJoe
Apprentice

I have a laser printer, Canon LBP360.  It has been a champ.  Absolutely love it.

Suddenly, it stopped printing ... except for odd things, which I finally identified as graphic elements within a Word Document.  So - I tried to print a picture.  NO PROBLEM!  I have tried to print a document in Word - mostly blank.  Tried to print the same document in PDF - still mostly blank.  Turn the PDF into a JPG - no problem!  It prints fine.

Completely IRRITATING.

I have tried uninstalling the printer/driver. THEN - reinstalled the printer and driver.... AND the problem persists.

ANY SOLUTIONS for me??

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

i-SENSYS LBP3360 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Europe (canon-europe.com...

Greetings,

What are the results of a nozzle test pattern?

How is the printer connected, and to what?  (USB, Ethernet)

Most importantly, what operating system are you using? (OS and build)

I assume this is happening when printing from all applications, or just some, or one?

Have you tested with multiple files, or is only one file affected? (Word Doc)?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick - thanks for the reply.

I am connected via USB directly to the printer.  Again, it has been working fine - and this seems to be a change since updating my MacBook Pro to Big Sur -- now that I think about it.  I am on version 11.2.2

I have tried printing from Microsoft Word, from PDF and from ApolloOne (photography app).  

It prints the graphics from a test page fine - but no letters.

Using multiple different files - it will print graphics wtihin a Word document - but no text.

PDF - same thing.

Pictures print just fine.

IF - I convert a single-page Word document into a JPEG format -- THEN the words print just fine.

PS:  I did delete the printer, and reload the printer and reloaded the driver.

Hope that's helpful.

Joe

Based on what I see the Big Sur Driver supports through build 11.1

UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.19.8 [Mac OS : 10.11.6 - 11.1]

I think you'll need to downgrade to 11.1 or Contact Canon.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements