Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Maxify MB2320 using color ink too fast

I really dislike this printer.  I just put in new black and all 3 color cartridges on 7/1 and it is now showing both blue and red are out and yellow is very low.  The black is fine, and still almost full.  Most of the printing I do is either confirmation of a online order or receipts for payment of bills, none of which I do in color, only black.  Why is it using all the color?  Is there some setting that says mix the color to make black?  I am ready to go out and buy a  new printer and it won't be Canon.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Maxify MB2320 using color ink too fast

[ Edited ]

@ladyinred wrote:

I really dislike this printer.  I just put in new black and all 3 color cartridges on 7/1 and it is now showing both blue and red are out and yellow is very low.  The black is freejobalert gimp notepad++ fine, and  still almost full.  Most of the printing I do is either confirmation of a online order or receipts for payment of bills, none of which I do in color, only black.  Why is it using all the color?  Is there some setting that says mix the color to make black?  I am ready to go out and buy a  new printer and it won't be Canon.

Yeah saw the same thing here. Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Amanda

Product Expert

Hi ladyinred,

The MAXIFY MB2320 will use color ink tanks to print colored text.  Even if the grayscale option is checked in the printer driver, if the original text is in a color other than black, the MAXIFY MB2320 will combine the cyan, magenta and yellow ink tanks together to make a composite black.  This is why your color ink cartridges are still being used.

To use only the black ink tank, the original text must be black and the paper setting must be set to Plain Paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Plain paper is selected.  Print choice is Black & White, not color.  I have not changed what or how I am printing.  It just started using color (all three color and black were installed July 1, and all 3 color were empty in less than three weeks!  There was an update for Windows 10 about that time.  Could that have changed something?  I have to reinstall the printer about every other week.  Sometimes I can print to it from my iPad, and sometimes the network doesn't see it.  Then I have to reinstall the printer again.  It will work for a little while, but the ink issue is new.