cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS Big Sur

poc4545
Apprentice

I have upgraded to OS Big Sur and successfully downloaded the driver from usa.canon.com for my ImageClass 227 dw printer.  When I try to print something I get a "error in printing message."  Help.  Thanks.  paul

19 REPLIES 19

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with that printer. Does the printer driver have options for printing a test image or a nozzle check? If so, try that. It might sepaprate out a printer issue versus an application issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

PrintDoctor
Apprentice

Downloaded MX920 series driver for Mac OS 11 Big Sur, but there is nothing there but the utiity - NO DRIVER. Am I missing something??  Tried 3 times. Is Canon just ghosting this printer series on Mac Big Sur? Can I reload the previous version? Better to work buggy than not at all. I have TWO identical MX922 printers I have loved, but am not in the mood to buy new ones just because the software isn't ready. They should not have offered it is it wasn't ready.

Is this what you downloaded?

Screenshot 2020-11-16 113952.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

yes

I have an MX472 with that same driver version on Big Sur - works fine.

Try deleting and re-adding the printer in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi pcp4545,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Canon Forums. We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the following information:

1. Is the printer connected via USB or WiFi?

2. Is this a new MAC or was the OS updated to Big Sur?

3. Did you uninstall the older driver and software than download and install:

Fax Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V4.15.7 [Mac OS : 10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13/10.14/10.15/11.0] 14.47 MB
Scanner Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V2.15.5 [Mac OS : 10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13/10.14/10.15/11.0]  84.12 MB

4. Did any issue occur during the installation?

5. Does this occur when printing the Test page from the Printer Driver not in a program?

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If this is required, we will have to recommend that you call our telephone support group. Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

goldteet01
Apprentice

Having same similar issue with g7020.  The printer is shown in bonjour; however, when clicked, no driver is found and there is no installed driver that will work with the printer.  Tried to re-install multiple times.  Need help in fixing this issue.

same here. I don't know if it is resolvable... I should've thought ahead for my laptop update. it had gotten slow however.... pixma mg3120 has no drive nor does the other canon i have (this is a friends, borrowed safely).

ehsanesf
Apprentice

Hi,

Even I installed the driver file on my MacOS Big Sur 11.2, My MacBook can not recognize the MF229dw scanner drive. I am trying to install it using a Wireless LAN. Any advice?

Announcements