cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8280CW scan result is a white page

mironski
Apprentice

Hey everybody, hey Canon !

I'm having a serious trouble scanning with my brand new Canon i-SENSYS MF8280CW and I was wondering if someone else is experiencing or has experienced any similar issue : all scanned documents are white, no content shows on the scanned file, whatever the employed scanning method is (scan through dedicated software, scan to PC or scan directly to an USB stick).

On one hand, scanning through Mac OS Preview or through MF Toolbox gives white pages. Same thing happens if you ask the printer to send the document directly to your hard-drive (scan to PC).

On the other hand, the printer doesn't recognize any USB sticks, I tried all USB sticks and external hard-drives I own, some formatted in NTF, other for Mac OS. No result. They all work otherwise.

Even scanning through a USB cable results in a white page 😞

I spoke 3 times with the hotline and all they say is that I need to install the most up-to-date drivers. But I do have the most up to date drivers and everything works just fine except for the scanner : http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/imageclass_series/color_imagec...

My configuration : Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) and Mac OS 10.9.5 (Macericks) : I actually have both and unfortunately the results are strictly the same 😞

Is there any diagnostic tool to run on the printer ? Is it possible it's a hardware issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help !!

3 REPLIES 3

canonsucks
Apprentice
I have the exactly the same problem. It is definitly not driver "out-of-date" issue. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I BUY CANNON. How did you solve it at the end?

I confirm, it wasn't a driver problem!

After many many calls to the hotline over two weeks (and several tweets), Canon finally accepted to send a guy to check the printer and try to repare it. He wasn't able to figure out what was wrong, and he ordered a replacement mothernoard. I waited for a month or so without any news, called several times in the meanwhile, and finally they told me then tought the problem was resolved... ?!!

Finally, the repare guy came and try to inslall the motherboard, but it wasn't the right model for my printer ... Finally, after some more calls and tweeting, they finally agreed to send a new printer that now works just fine. The whole thing took 2 months...

Of course, I'm very disappointed... I could understand that occassioally, due to a human error, a customer could fond himself in my situation, but Canon didn't even try to apologize.  For the last 20 years, I've bought several printers and digital cameras, the next time I might consider trying something else.

Hope your problem will be solved soon !

Cazzobamba
Apprentice
I have the exact same problem, how can I contact canon assistance?
Announcements