cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF753Cdw Scan Issues

cbp
Apprentice

MacOS 13.5.1 M2 Processor, MF753CDW. The printer is hardwired with a reserved IP. Linksys Deco Pro for networking... no firewalls or anything special.

I downloaded the latest printer and scanner software from https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/color-imageclass-mf753cdw 

I can print fine but can't scan from the included Canon MF Scan Utility. I also can't scan from the "Open Scanner" options under Printers and Scanners in System Settings.

Airprint also works fine for printing. I also downloaded The Canon Print Business app for iOS, which works fine for scanning.

I have tried deleting the printer and reinstalling the printer and scanner drivers several times and rebooting and getting the same results. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2023-09-02 at 4.46.59 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-09-02 at 4.47.54 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-09-02 at 4.53.33 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-09-02 at 4.54.30 PM.pngIMG_EE46443AB72F-1.jpeg

Chris

3 REPLIES 3

cbp
Apprentice

Bump

I have the same printer with no issues on windows 10. Besides the drivers you downloaded, did you try the ones that came on the cd. It may be the one you downloaded is buggy!

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cbp,

The Scanner Driver & Utilities for Mac V2.15.14 [macOS 10.13.6 - macOS 14] will install the drivers, MF Scan utility and the MF ToolBox. The MF 753 will use the MF scan utility. You can try opening that program to see if it can locate the scanner. If the scan utility is unable to locate the scanner, you can try unplugging the router for 5 seconds and checking the software again when the network comes back up or checking that the MF753 and the Mac are on the same network. If you continue to have issues, I would suggest checking with our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements