cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743CDW Toner End Of Lifetime

melriv
Apprentice

Today, essentially out of nowhere my printer has decided that the Cyan, Yellow & Magenta cartridges have reached their end of life.  I haven't seen hide nor hair of a notificaiton that they were even low so this is very frustrating.  Indeed these are the original cartridges that came with the printer which I generally understand are low on toner to begin with but here is the real kicker.... I print in black and white?  Why am I getting this message for toner that isn't even being touched?  I've taken the steps to force the printer to use black and white only as others have seemingly had this issue but I still am unable to print anything.  I'm very frustrated with my first Canon printer in this instance.  I'm currently on hold with Canon for over an hour with zero call back option.  Anyone figured this out?

Also, seems to me the cartridges are on a "counter" with no distinction to actually using the cartridges in question so I'm almost certain these have a ton of toner in them...

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Remaining ink or toner levels can be easily verified.

System Monitor application

From the printer's webserver

On the printers control panel

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements