cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743Cdw manually fed a #10 envelope and it disappeared

riiken
Apprentice

Hey everyone,

I've got a strange situation with my MF743Cdw. I tried to manually feed a #10 envelope to print the addresses. The machine sucked it up like it usually does, but then it printed a letter-sized paper from my paper tray instead. I opened up the back to see where the envelope went, but could not find it. I pulled out the paper tray and couldn't find the envelope. I also tried removing the toner to see if it's stuck there, nowhere to be found. Soon after, I got an E015-0001 error.

Are there any other ways I could try and find this missing envelope or am I forced to get it serviced?

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Riiken,

If you have already removed the toner cartridges and used the steps in the link HERE to check for jams, it looks like the printer needs service. You can log into your MyCanon account to check your available service options or you can call support at 1-800-652-2666. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Riiken,

If you have already removed the toner cartridges and used the steps in the link HERE to check for jams, it looks like the printer needs service. You can log into your MyCanon account to check your available service options or you can call support at 1-800-652-2666. 

Thanks Hector! I was looking at that document before, but I must have missed the instructions on removing the transport guide. I was able to remove the envelope.

Announcements